Friday 15 January 2010

Future Predator

If I was to meet a ten year old boy who understood music production I would have a little more faith in the future of our country. Now if i were to meet a ten year old boy and ask him if he knew what Dubstep was i would be astounded if he could answer me correctly.

Imagine my surprise when I came across 'Magik', a ten year old boy from Bristol who has produced this little gem. I mean it's not going to be this years best track but the fact that this guy is only ten years old just makes me depressed that my high school music lessons were spent hitting the 'Demo' key on a shitty Yamaha keyboard.





'Magnetic Man' is the first dubstep supergroup and with a combined age of much more than ten years; Skream, Benga and Artwork are producing tunes which could easily be some of the best this year. on top of that they're throwing out videos which would make Michel Gondry proud and probably push Magik into a pretty serious epileptic seizure.